CPS-based on-chip THz TDS device series
- The TeraLineX is a versatile on-chip THz time-domain spectrocopy (TDS) platform based on a low-loss Co-planar stripline (CPS) design.
- Enables THz time-domain spectroscopy at micron-scale devices/samples much smaller than the THz diffraction limit.
- Stong interaction to thin-film samples due to planar THz mode propagation.
- Can be operated in small cryo-chambers at low temperatures and in magnetic fields.
- Supports exchangable daugther-boards as sample carriers for cost-efficient operation.
- Customizable on request.
The TeraLineX includes three waveguide-embedded photo-switches: one for THz pulse generation and two for the detection of the incident and reflected signals before the sample as well as the signal transmitted behind the sample. Daughterboard samples can be flip-chip mounted to the TeraLineX motherboard.
|PC gap size||10 µm||10 µm|
|Dark current @ 1 V Bias||< 0.5 nA||< 0.5 nA|
|Photocurrent||> 0.1 µA(a)||> 0.1 µA(b)|
|Excitation wavelength||700 .. 860 nm|
|Avg. excitation power||0.1 .. 4 mW||0.1 .. 4 mW|
(a) For a focus diameter of circa 30 µm, bias voltage 9 V , average optical excitation power 4 mW.
(b) For a focus diameter of circa 30 µm, bias voltage 1 V , average optical excitation power 4 mW.